As a native Buffalonian, I know blue cheese dip. There’s no need to get too fancy, but if you start your recipe with the best cheese – you’ll end up with a seriously delicious dip.
We’re creeping closer and closer to the gorge-fest that is known as the Super Bowl, so you’ll be needing a killer dip to put out with your wings. Here’s a recipe that is sure to please both the cheese-lovers as well as those who only give a hoot about the game. And – if you end up waiting too long to make it – just come on over to the shop to pick some up. We’ll be whipping up a big batch just in case!
In addition to chicken wings, you can use this dip for almost anything:
- grilled shrimp
- french fries, or folded into mashed potatoes
- steak salad
- even fresh veggies (or if you want to get fancy with it, call them “crudités”)
- 2/3 lb Black River Blue (12 oz)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (we recommend Trickling Springs)
- 4 oz (or, 1/2 cup) crème fraiche (we recommend Vermont Butter & Cheese Creamery)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Snake Oil hot sauce (if you want it spicy!)
1. Crumble the blue cheese into a small bowl
2. In another bowl, combine the crème fraiche, buttermilk, lemon juice, and hot sauce(s)
3. Combine all ingredients together, and season to taste with salt and pepper.